Location: London. Hybrid Remote / In the Office (Tue / Wed / Thu)
Yonder Media is the audience first, creative media agency. We’re a modern independent media agency, passionate about growing brands by putting audiences and imagination at the centre of everything we do. We believe everything (and everyone) is media, and we’re here to help clients make the right choices in a complex landscape.
We’re part of marketing services group The Beyond Collective, which consists of Frontier (brand strategy), Above + Beyond (creative) and Collective Studios (production and then some) as well as Yonder.
We work independently and together, and there’s always a collective feel to everything we do, with access to diverse thinking and amazing talent from across the creative industries.
At Yonder, we plan, buy and optimise media across paid, owned and earned channels, guided by an understanding of the role that marketing and communications needs to play. We consider every touchpoint and challenge ourselves to think objectively and creatively. As media experts, we know that how you show up is as important as where you show up.
Summary of Role
We’re building a modern independent agency from the ground up to offer a fresh alternative to clients, as well as agency talent who are frustrated in their current roles and know they can make a bigger impact and do better work. We’ve quietly built some great foundations and won some key accounts against proper competition, and 2023 is shaping up to be the year when people really start talking about Yonder as ‘the one to watch’.
We are now opening up a new role, following some new business wins, in the Planning team.
As a Planning Executive, you will be an integral member of the wider planning team. You will have a range of responsibilities, working in a team including a Planning Manager and a Planning Director.
You will support by liaising with clients, as well as assisting with competitive, data analysis and reporting to help fully understand audience journeys and media schedules, with an emphasis on exciting challenger brands and charities.
This is a great role for a candidate with no previous experience, or up to one year in a similar role. In this role you will have the opportunity to build skills and learn about strategic media planning.
- Support the Planning Manager and Planning Director in the management of clients and projects, maintaining fantastic organisation
- Build a sound understanding of clients’ businesses, developing a close working relationship with our clients and delighting them with attentive service
- Support the Planning Manager and Planning Director in developing rationale for media selections, strategies and plans for our clients
- Use tools and resources to generate insights into consumer behaviour, media choices and the media landscape
- Asist in the creation of clear, compelling presentations and plans to communicate recommendations to clients
- Work effectively with media owners and partners on client briefs to deliver creative and effective media solutions for our clients
Media buying and campaign management
- Coordination and execution of the media plan, working with outside media partners as well as colleagues in specialist buying roles.
- Assist the team with finance administration, such as POs.
- Liaise with outside partner agencies (creative and media) on campaign development
- Liaise with Above+Beyond creative agency teams on integrated accounts
- You will have a knowledge of and interest in the UK media landscape
- You will have an eagerness to learn and develop
- You will have top notch communication skills (verbal and written)
- You have great organisational skills with attention to detail
- You will be a great problem solver, remaining calm under pressure
- You have proficient computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ideally, you will have some analytical and data handling skills
- Ideally, some experience in client relationships and/or experience working in a team
- Experience using media tools/systems is a bonus
You will also have the following qualities as a ‘Beyonder’
- Natural team player and be able to turn their hand to a multitude of tasks
- Interested and opinionated on the media marketplace
- Curious and creative-minded
- Motivated to help us shape this fast-paced and exciting agency
- 25 days holiday per annum plus 8 UK bank/public holidays
- In addition, we offer flexible Christmas break arrangements
- Membership of a contributory pension plan
- Medicash healthcare cash back plan
- Annual Travel / Season Ticket interest free loan scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Child Care Vouchers scheme