Location: London. Hybrid Remote / In the Office (Tue / Wed / Thu)
Yonder Media is the audience first, creative media agency. We’re a modern independent media agency, passionate about growing brands by putting audiences and imagination at the centre of everything we do. We believe everything (and everyone) is media, and we’re here to help clients make the right choices in a complex landscape.
We’re part of marketing services group The Beyond Collective, which consists of Frontier (brand strategy), Above + Beyond (creative) and Collective Studios (production and then some) as well as Yonder.
We work independently and together, and there’s always a collective feel to everything we do, with access to diverse thinking and amazing talent from across the creative industries.
At Yonder, we plan, buy, and optimise media across paid, owned and earned channels, guided by an understanding of the role that marketing and communications needs to play. We consider every touchpoint and challenge ourselves to think objectively and creatively. As media experts, we know that how you show up is as important as where
you show up.
Summary of Role
This role will suit an entrepreneurial self-starter, someone who wants to move further in their career, and faster: we believe in nurturing talent and allowing people to progress at the right pace for them. This role will give you exposure to different clients, different channels, and different parts of the industry to help you grow.
We are a boutique agency with a great vibe, very high client and team satisfaction scores, and a raft of different and interesting clients including Interflora, Shelter, Love Holidays, Accolade Wines, Alzheimer’s Research UK, and Depop.
The AV Investment Manager is responsible for developing and activating media plans all AV channels including linear and addressable TV, Broadcaster VOD, Radio, and Cinema.
In this role, you will get to work closely with planners, get exposed to the creative and production process, and have direct contact with clients when you present your ideas and strategies. You will develop your negotiation and commercial skills as well as your understanding of media in general and where AV fits into the broader mix.
You’ll have the freedom to invest media budgets according to what’s right for the campaign objective – and you will have the opportunity to go to the market yourself, and trade freely, to create value and craft bespoke media solutions for your clients.
Media buying and campaign management:
- Manage and deliver campaigns to meet targets and objectives.
- Work closely with media owners to develop relationships and get the best solutions for our clients.
- Identify and assess commercially advantageous trading options across all AV platforms.
- Complete media performance reviews and audits with the help of the senior team
AV Media Strategy & Planning:
- Work alongside the Planning leads to develop AV media strategies and plans for our clients.
- Work with media owners and tech vendors to bring proactive and new ideas and opportunities to our clients, and to improve the agency’s capabilities.
- Create clear and impactful presentations to communicate our recommendations to our clients.
Agency and team development:
- Help the AV Investment Director recruit and develop junior members of the team.
- Spread AV knowledge amongst the planning team and wider agency, and be an internal champion for your channels.
Marketing and New business:
- Support the marketing of the agency through writing of case studies / award entries and blog posts and social media.
- You will have great knowledge of the UK AV landscape particularly linear TV and BVOD
- You will have a good knowledge of addressable TV, and emerging connected TV / data-driven TV. Preferable, but not essential, experience planning and buying radio and cinema.
- You will have a good knowledge of TV planning & buying systems and tech platforms, ideally Techedge and K2.
- You will have the skillset to develop buying updates, campaign updates and reviews which you can confidently present to internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have a growing contacts book of media owners.
- You are an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- You will have a solid understanding of the planning process from initial client brief all the way to post campaign analysis and presentation.
- You will have excellent client handling skills – at Yonder, our channel specialists all have direct client contact.
You will also have the following qualities as a ‘Beyonder’:
- Natural team player and be able to turn their hand to a multitude of tasks.
- Knowledgeable and opinionated on the media marketplace.
- Curious and creative-minded.
- Motivated to help us shape this fast-paced and exciting agency.
- Salary guide £35,000 - £42,000 – Dependent on experience.
- 25 days holiday per annum plus 8 UK bank/public holidays
- In addition, we offer flexible Christmas break arrangements and an additional day off on your birthday
- Membership of a contributory pension plan
- Annual Travel / Season Ticket interest free loan scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Child Care Vouchers scheme
- Free subscription to the Headspace app
- Hybrid work from office / work from home: currently 3:2 split