Data & Insight Manager
ABOUT YONDER MEDIA
Yonder Media is the audience first, creative media agency. We’re a modern independent media agency, passionate about growing brands by putting audiences and imagination at the centre of everything we do. We believe everything (and everyone) is media, and we’re here to help clients make the right choices in a complex landscape.
We’re part of marketing services group The Beyond Collective, which consists of Frontier (brand strategy), Above+Beyond (creative) and Collective Studios (production and then some) as well as Yonder.
We work independently and together, and there’s always a collective feel to everything we do, with access to diverse thinking and amazing talent from across the creative industries.
At Yonder, we plan, buy and optimise media across paid, owned and earned channels, guided by an understanding of the role that marketing and communications needs to play. We consider every touchpoint and challenge ourselves to think objectively and creatively. As media experts, we know that how you show up is as important as where you show up.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
We’re building a modern independent agency from the ground up to offer a fresh alternative to clients, as well as agency talent who are frustrated in their current roles and know they can make a bigger impact and do better work. We’ve quietly built some great foundations and won some key accounts against proper competition, and 2023 is shaping up to be the year when people really start talking about Yonder as ‘the one to watch’.
The agency now has a growing roster of quality clients, and now we need a brilliant Data & Insight Manager to work alongside Strategy and Planning teams to analyse data and source insights that fuel growth strategies for our clients. You will be passionate about unearthing insights from data and research, and will instill and champion a culture of effectiveness across the wider team.
Key responsibilities would be:
- Analyzing category, industry, and client data and research to determine trends and provide insights to support strategy development
- Establishing and quantifying sources of growth through consumer insight and analysis
- Master the agency’s insight toolkit to support media planners and buyers
- Creating measurement frameworks to evaluate and quantify the impact of comms strategies and tactics
- Setting KPIs across outputs (media metrics such as reach); out-takes (brand scores, or actions we want audiences to take, such as a web visit or app download); and outcomes (client sales data or commercial targets)
- Grow team expertise in data and insights – helping them interrogate campaign data and results
- Lead the creation of clear, robust and thought-provoking campaign reviews
- Lead the design and implementation of surveys, brand research and brand lift studies
- Work with media teams to design better in-campaign reporting and generate more insightful reports
- Work with external partners to improve our understanding and toolkits from media research to consumer insight, working with the likes of the IPA to data vendors and research companies such as YouGov
- Keeping us abreast of new research methods, tools, and technology
Capabilities & Experience
- Background in research – agency, media-owner, or client-side marketing team
- Experience working in a data-based role
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to cross-examine data and conduct statistical analysis
- Ability to translate the complex into meaningful information
- Experience in customer and category segmentations
- Can create a holistic view of audiences via all party data sources
- Create bespoke surveys/work with vendors to leverage research
- Can present data in a visually compelling and insightful way
Knowledge of media data and measurement including:
- Experience measuring both Direct Response and Brand campaigns.
- Strong understanding of what data points can be collected and analysed in a digital campaign, and how each data point should be analysed.
- Knowledge of Marketing Mix Modelling / econometrics and media allocation tools is an advantage
- People recognise you as a team player, with the ability to work across the wider teams and foster collaboration and new ways of working
- Strategic thinker – you can spot opportunities, new ways to tackle problems and find ways past obstacles
- Growth mindset – you are interested in your own personal development and keen to learn and grow
- Motivated self-starter – curious to learn more and able to operate independently to meet the needs of clients and colleagues.
- Salary range £35-£45k depending on experience
- 25 days holiday per annum plus 8 UK bank/public holidays
- Summer hours: July & August finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Flexible Christmas arrangements
- Birthday day off
- Membership of a contributory pension plan
- Annual Travel / Season Ticket interest free loan scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to discounted private health insurance
- Free subscription to wellbeing app
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Hybrid work from office / work from home: currently 3:2 split
- The agencies
- Yonder Media
- The Beyond Collective
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
The Beyond Collective
Some of Our Perks
Mental Health & Wellbeing Support
We provide a variety of mental health & wellbeing support such as access to an Employee Assistance Programme, Companion (a wellbeing training and support app), and regular well-being check-ins.
During the months of July & August, the whole team finishes at 3pm every Friday - giving you time to enjoy the sunshine and relax!
Alongside this, we provide a whole range of benefits including a cycle to work scheme, regularly career reviews, annual travel / season ticket interest free loan scheme, your birthday as an additional day of annual leave, and even a dog-friendly office!
About The Beyond Collective
We are an independent group of specialist marketing agencies, unified around the common goal of helping clients grow their brands in the age of the audience.
Data & Insight Manager
Loading application form
Already working at The Beyond Collective?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.