Audience age creativity for ambitious brands
We’re living in the Age of the Audience. Audiences have taken control – shifting from passive, captive recipients, to empowered, disparate groups, more disengaged from brands than ever before.
When it’s harder than ever to get people to hear, care or do, the only way to act is audience first.
We go above and beyond to help brands grow through the power of audience-age creativity.
Above+Beyond today and tomorrow
Above+Beyond was founded in 2012 as an independent creative start-up agency and has grown to become a Top 50 Creative Agency in the UK, working with clients including Subway, Amazon and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
Since 2018, Above+Beyond has been part of The Beyond Collective - which also includes media planning and buying agency Yonder Media, and brand strategy consultancy Frontier. The three agencies work both collaboratively and independently on a diverse range of UK and international clients.
At Above+Beyond, we work by the principles of being open, collaborative and offering a second home to clients. And nothing is more important in delivering this than our people. So, whether you’re a creative, project manager, planner, account manager or new business manager, we’ve created an environment were good talent thrives and amazing careers are built.
And we’re excited about the future. Our relentless focus on understanding audiences in an ever-changing world, means we have never been more relevant to brands. That’s why we have big ambitions to grow over the next five years – all pushing towards becoming a destination creative agency for world-class clients and talent.
Summary of Role
As Senior Account Manager, you will lead on the delivery of effective solutions that help to build brands and engage clients. You’ll support the Business Director and Head of Account Handling on client development, growth, retention and profitability for a portfolio of our client accounts. You’ll build strong relationships with clients and act as a trusted advisor to help them to achieve the best possible outcomes through your own work and the work of the team that you support. You will interact with all departments whilst developing a deep understanding of our business and input thoughts to help develop our client relationships.
- Manage strong working relationships with clients and A+B contacts.
- Lead client briefings and meetings, to support the development of creative briefs in response; ensure there is a complete understanding of each project’s brief, timing plan and dependencies.
- Lead across a number of levels and brands, to build trusted and collaborative partnerships with clients.
- Organise and attend client meetings; creating and leading presentations with precision and confidence.
- Be responsive to client needs and requests, identifying where opportunities lie to flip expectations.
- Have a in-depth understanding of our offering and articulating it fluently to clients at every level.
- Develop and manage project timelines and detailed proposals, which are realistic and effectively meet our client’s needs.
- Learn from senior members of the A+B team to grow client relationships and broaden your understanding of the client service discipline.
Strategy and Commercial Awareness
- Proactively convey the vision and values of A+B to the assigned staff.
- Keep the Business Director and Head of Account Handling informed of the status of accounts, problems, plans and meetings.
- Maintain open and clear communications of Client issues with department Heads.
- Undertake commercial performance reviews of campaigns.
- Take the lead on day-to-day account activity.
- Lead team meetings brainstorming, developing and researching background as required.
- Manage the development of project work by documenting client feedback and attending creative review meetings.
- Support and manage the junior team with all aspects of account and campaign work, whilst managing own workload and reporting to senior staff.
- Show initiative, be quick to respond, use logic and quick thinking to problem solve, find solutions and use concise, quick and efficient communications.
- Deal politely and efficiently with all external stakeholders in the creative process.
- Work alongside different teams to ensure all endorsement requirements are met.
- Write or approves Creative Briefs and briefs Creative, where appropriate.
- Work with the creative team to produce outstanding and innovative creative work.
- Confidently and effectively sell creative work to client.
- Ensure that the standard of service the Agency provides to clients continually meets and exceeds client expectations.
- Think of effective of ‘outside of the box’ ideas & encourage others to do the same.
- Build and develop personal client relationships with the guidance of the Business Director.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of client’s cost, budgetary needs and restrictions.
- Maintain a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting your accounts, and developments in the wider advertising, communications and sustainability industries.
- Maintain industry relationships with key clients through regular contacts and networking.
- Pro-actively look out for the company interests across all departments – seeking out opportunities for new lines of business and company growth wherever you see them.
- Respond to new client directives and expectations.
- Negotiate fee and timing discussions with the support of the Business Director.
- Oversee the timely distribution of agendas, contact reports, status reports, timelines and other client facing documentation.
- Present and discuss briefs, feedback, proposals and financials with the A+B team.
- Work with the Account Director to ensure all financial reporting is up to date and accurate.
- Responsible for the weekly management of billings and forecasting and strategically contributing to brief content, audits, presentations and pitches.
Undertake any other task, deemed to be appropriate to this role, as directed by a member of the Management Team or Board.
- You have outstanding strategic capabilities and client serving skills
- You’re capable in identifying, leveraging and building opportunities and client relationships
- You’re reliable and well informed with the ability to foresee potential problems and propose solutions
- You understand the pace and possess the strategic understanding of how to deploy teams in a smart way, using EQ skills to recognise team strengths and train against weaknesses so the business operates effectively and efficiently
- You have the ability to manage, mentor and develop your team and champion projects, team and company as a whole.
- You have a strong EQ to therefore recommend where creative opportunities lie vs where to be efficient in delivery to maximise the profitability on accounts
- You are entrepreneurial, a problem solver and ability to strategically spot the moments for growth and creative magic in amongst the pace of retail
- You are meticulously organised and have a keen eye for detail
- You are a natural collaborator and thrive in a team environment
- You are a brilliant communicator (verbally and written) with confidence and ability to influence
- You are able to work effectively under pressure and manage senior stakeholders (internal/external)
You will have the following qualities as a ‘Beyonder’
- Natural team player and able to turn your hand to a multitude of tasks
- Knowledgeable and opinionated when it matters
- Curious and creative-minded
- Motivated to help us shape our fast-paced and exciting agency
- Salary range available on request
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus eight UK bank/public holidays
- Summer hours
- Birthday Day off
- Membership of a contributory pension plan
- Annual Travel/Season Ticket interest free loan scheme
- ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Free subscription to our wellbeing app Companion
- Offer to discounted Private HealthCare